Nate spent this Christmas with his dad. It was my first Christmas without Nate and the days leading up to that day were hard. I was really down on Christmas Eve. Allan and I were supposed to go to Tyler to spend the day with his family. I found out the day before that those plans were changed due to his niece and nephew not being there. We really wanted to see them and so we changed our plans to have Christmas with them that Saturday. It worked out better that way anyways cause Allan had to work a half day that day and we wouldn't have gotten out to Tyler till late in the afternoon. Knowing Allan had to work I spent the first half of the day being a lazy bump. I don't think I got dressed until....??? I did decide that I wanted to make the most of the evening and so I took out some pork chops and planned a nice dinner. Around 6pm that night I realized that I hadn't bought anything for Christmas morning breakfast. So Allan took me to the store and I bought a feast. When we got back to the apartment I started on dinner. Allan found "It's A Wonderful Life" on TV. I had never seen the whole thing before so we decided to watch that. We ate dinner, watched the movie and played Monopoly. Allan is so good about getting my mind off my worries. I would have never imagined that I would have enjoyed my Christmas eve so much without Nate.
Christmas day turned out to be a great day. Allan and I spoiled each other with presents. We then went to my parents for dinner. Before dinner, my parents taught Allan and I how to play cribbage. It was girls against guys and the girls kicked butt. We decided to not do the traditional Christmas dinner since we had just had it. Instead, we had a seafood dinner with tons of yummy crab legs. There was so much food that it could have fed the entire block. Ryan, Rachel, and the boys came for dinner too. After dinner we all played a game of Clue. I hadn't played it in ages. The highlight of my evening was when I got a phone call from Jon asking if I wanted Nate that night. I was so excited to get my baby back a day early.
I told Nate when we got home that he would have to go to bed right away cause I had made a special phone call to Santa to come bring him his presents late. The next morning he was so excited and we had a little family Christmas with Nate being the center of attention.

Nate getting his first look at his presents from Santa.

For 6 months Nate has been asking for a "Rocket Fishing Rod". Looks like Santa delivered!!

It's your friendly neighborhood SpiderNate. (He didn't take this costume off for two days.)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:
What a wonderful guy you have in your life Missy...he sure is a keeper isn't he!!
You are such a wonderful, loving mom to Nate, you are a very blessed family.
love you, xoxo
Post a Comment