Monday, December 22, 2008

Nate Meets Santa for the First Time

So I don't know if it makes me a bad parent or a smart one, but I have never been able to bring myself to take my son to the mall to sit on Santa's knee. First of all, the lines are ridiculously long. Second, the picture they take usually doesn't turn out all that good. Finally, they charge an insane amount of money for the picture. I did however attempt to take Nate this year to the mall because I thought he would finally be old enough to not cry or get too scared and I could actually get a decent picture. When we got to the mall the line to see Santa was so long that we would have had to wait over 2 hours for a 30 second visit. I nixed the idea really quick and Nate didn't seem to mind. A couple of days later, Allan decided to have Santa visit his work. He made a phone call the the North Pole and Santa was happy to make a visit. He sent out a flyer so that the kids of the community could come to the office, have some breakfast, and get their picture taken with Santa. It just so happens that I got to keep Nate an extra day from his Christmas break with his Dad. So Nate got to have a visit with Santa and got his first official Santa picture. He was a little shy at first, but finally warmed up enough to tell Santa what he really wanted for Christmas, a "Rocket Fishing Rod". Nate has been asking for one for at least 6 months now and I sure hope that Santa pulls through. ;) The best part was that I was the one taking all the pictures of the kids, so I was able to take as many pictures of Nate and Santa as I wanted to make sure I got the perfect one!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yea, Nate!! I hope Santa brought you what you wanted for Christmas!!

See you soon!
Love,
Auntie
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I personally think that you are a fantastic mom and Nate is a very lucky little boy to have chosen you to be his mommy...

love you, aunty bee