So Allan has had an intersting week at work and yes, it's only Wednesday. He is a manager for an apartment community and has a handful of people that work for him in order to keep the community running smoothly. Allan's crazy week actually started on Saturday when his leasing agent called him and told him she wouldn't be in that day or the rest of the week for that matter because her son going to have heart surgery!! So he ended up having to go into work for a bit on Saturday to wrap up some move-ins.
Monday and Tuesday have been hectic for him since he is the only one in the office. Yesterday afternoon I called Allan on the phone to see how he was doing. He was in the middle of scooping leaves out of the pools!! I thought thats what he had grounds people for, but apparently he needed to help out.
First thing this morning I received a text message from Allan saying he got a call from his lead maintenance guy saying he was in a car accident yesterday and now has a broken leg. So now he is down a leasing agent and a maintenance guy. Then around 10:30 Allan called me in a weird state. When he finally calmed down he told me that one of his residents just delivered her baby on the sidewalk in front of her apartment!!! Apparently her water had just broken and her and her husband were heading to the hospital. She made it down the stairs and couldn't get any further. The father delivered the baby while one of the maintenance guys sat at her back to hold her up. My poor Allan just watched helplessly and gave as much support as he could. The baby was born before the ambulance got there. When Allan called me the ambulance was just driving off. Both mom and baby were doing great, oh and it was a boy! Allan's parting words to me were, "I don't go to work to deliver babies!" He was quite overwhelmed and I'm sure I would have been too!
I'm just eager to see what the rest of the week has in store for him.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Holy cow!!!!
A crazy week is an understatement...that is insane!!
Hang in there, Allan! It's got to calm down a little after all of that craziness. I hope you have a quiet Thursday and Friday!
Melissa, how has your week been?
Love,
Heather
I have to say you and your sister have very interesting lives and I love reading about them. Never a dull moment.
Allan, I hope your week is calming down, that is quite a lot of excitement for one week...
love to all of you...
aunty bee
Post a Comment