(DISCLAIMER: Post contains graphic pictures, not for the squeamish)
The first of many hospital visits for injuries, that is.
Yes, I have a boy and he is all boy.
If he is not Kung Fooing this, then he is Karate choping that. If he is not on his scooter, then he is on his skateboard. If he is not jumping off the side of the couch, then he is jumping off of a chair. If he is not sliding around the ceramic floor in his socks, then he is begging to have ice skates on and be at the rink. And so on, and so on. You get the idea.
The great part however is that Nate rarely ever gets hurt when he is being his rough and tough self. I am very blessed in that way, or should I say HE is the blessed one!!
You would think that when I got the call Saturday that Nate had gotten hurt that I would be surprised and upset but I took it rather well. Nate's dad called me around 3:30 p.m. Saturday (I was camping with Allan and friends) and told me Nate hit his head, but he was ok and for me not to freak out. My first thought was he was riding his bike and he fell off, or he was rough housing and bumped into something. Well, he bumped into something alright. The wall. Not because he was being a rough and tough dude, but just simply by walking and not watching where he was going!! What a kid! Anyways, everything was ok. The bleeding had stopped and Nate was bandaged up. Great! I talked to Nate and he was a bit upset, but nothing a little Mom love over the phone couldn't fix. I hung up and went on with the camping trip.
4 hours later, Allan checked my phone and noticed I had missed many calls. It was 7:30 at this point and most of the calls were from Jon. I called him immediately only to find out that they were sitting in the emergency room. Nate's cut apparently hadn't stopped bleeding and Jon felt that Nate needed stiches. I couldn't grasp why after 4 hours would he need stiches now. It wasn't until Jon sent me a picture to my phone and that is when I lost it.
Now if you don't like open cuts and such here is where you should stop reading. I am showing you a before picture and then an after picture.
Now this picture freaked me out!! How could you not think that this didn't need stitches!! After an hour of talking on the phone with Jon, and Nathan begging me to come to the hospital, I left the campgrounds in Fort Worth and drove to Baylor in Irving. I got there in plenty of time for the Doctor to tell us that Nate in fact needed stitches.
My little trooper did amazing. He and I went on an imaginary safari and talked about all of the animals we would see. Before he knew it, Nate was the proud owner of 4 stitches right in the middle of his forehead!
We did get a good laugh telling Nate that he now looks like Harry Potter. I personally am hoping it won't scar too bad. I am putting all of the Neosporin I can on it now, and I am already preparing creams and such for when after the stiches come out to hopefully eliminate as much scarring as possible!
BOYS!!

2 comments:
OH GEEZ!!!! That first picture made my heart stop!!! Much worse than I was picturing in my mind. So glad that our little "Harry Potter" is okay. Give him hugs from Auntie and the girls.
Love you Nate!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Yikes, that is some booboo...the girls will love hearing you tell the story of how you got that one!!!!
So glad you are okay Nate!!!
guess you better watch out for those wall that just jump out in front of you.
love you
Post a Comment