Wednesday, December 23, 2009

FESTIVUS: For the Rest of Us!



This video was the best explaination I could find for the holiday called Festivus. Allans friends introduced me to this holiday and I attended for the first time this year.

The Pole
The Meal



The Airing of Grievences
In addition to telling everyone what issues and problems you've had with them throughout the year, Allan's crew also gives gifts. The idea is to give things to people that they DON"T want. Notice the Dallas Cowboys T.O. Jersey that Scott received from me and Allan.

Ed's wife Jenn has been bugging to start a family and Ed has been dragging his feet about it. Allan and I thought we would give him some help by getting him the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book and a baby diaper.

I didn't get a picture of Allan opening his gift from me. One of Allan's favorite dessert is brownies, but they CANNOT have nuts. He hates nuts in everything. So I had my mom cook me up a yummy tray of brownies with 3x the nuts in them. It was great and Allan wouldn't even look at them after he opened them.


The Feats of Strength

Here Travis (our host) is deciding who will take him down. He didn't really want anyone to get hurt so he wouldn't make a decision.

I had a great time at Festivus and can't wait to attend again next year!

No comments: