Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

Allan and I were given tickets from friends to see the ICE show at the Gaylord Texan. They told us if we wanted it to be a "date night" they would watch Nate for us. Ironically, two days later, Nate came home from school with a free ICE ticket in his binder. All the kids in the district got a free student ticket. So the three of us headed out Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. BIG MISTAKE!! The place was over packed and crazy. We quickly decided to leave and go back another night. Nate wasn't too upset because we made a stop at the local Dairy Queen and all was good. The following Tuesday we decided to try again. I am so glad we did. It wasn't busy at all and we got to go through the entire show without that feeling of being rushed or smushed by other people.

The theme this year was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." To get Nate ready for the show we watched "The Grinch" at home first. Here are a few highlights from the show. They gave us blue parkas to wear because it stays a freezing 9 degrees in order to keep the ice from melting!!


This is the view of the Gaylord as you enter the common area.

Here is Nate on the sled

Nate took a picture of Allan and I on the sled. I think he did a great job!

Nate was excited to get to WHO-ville

YAY! Nate made it to Who-ville!! He was ready to go!!

Allan and I got to go too!

The Grinch himself

The Grinch is stealing the Christmas turkey while the little Who's are asleep.

Nate and Allan in the ice tunnel
Allan wanting to take a bite out of the ice cake

Me wanting to take a bite out of the ice turkey

The end of the show they have a beautiful ice sculpture of the nativity and the Christmas story is being told over loud speakers! Wonderful!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

YAY!!!!!! I cannot believe you FINALLY put a blog post up. I really like the last picture ;) Love you ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Hannah.

Heather said...

Great post.....finally....haha!!!
I love the pictures....it looks like you guys had a great time. Nate is quite the photographer.